Care and Create – Arts and Older People
June 29 @ 11:00 am - 3:30 pmFree
Care and Create – arts and older people
A workshop event for care professionals and artists working with older people in care
Thursday, 29th June 2017
11am – 3:30pm
Care and Create will bring care professionals, artists and cultural organisations together to create a shared understanding of good practice and explore opportunities to work together.
This event will include presentations of inspring arts projects for older people experiencing care, facilitated discussion sessions and a networking lunch. It will enable artists, cultural organisations and care professionals to explore the opportunities and challenges of delivering creative projects in the care community, broaden their understanding of good practice and discuss ways of connecting and working together.
- gain a better understanding of the arts world and the roles artists might play in care services
- gain a better understanding of good practice in care provision and the opportunities and challenges faced by the sector
- broaden your view of how professional artists can creatively collaborate with the care community and create successful projects
Workshop will be facilitated by Kate Organ.
Speakers will include:
- Paula Brown, Arora, Scotland
- Anne Gallacher, Director, Luminate
- Noortje Kessels and Maaike Mul, Wintertuin, Netherlands
- Natalie McFadyen-White, Impact Arts, Scotland
- Carol Reilly, Care Home Manager, Catmoor House, Scotland
Presented by ArtWorks Scotland, Creative Scotland, the Care Inspectorate and Luminate
Venue: City of Edinburgh Methodist Church, 25 Nicolson Square, Edinburgh EH8 9BX
Admission: Free but advance booking is essential.
Please note: spaces are limited so bookings are restricted to one place per organisation
Lunch included. Teas/coffees available from 10:30am.
Booking: For more information and event registration, visit Eventbrite at