- This event has passed.
Palliative and End of Life Care in Dementia – Training for Frontline Staff
September 14 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
This one day programme is designed to support the development of health and social services staff to improve the quality of palliative and end of life care experienced by people with dementia and their families and carers. It will enable staff to confidently contribute to decision making and care delivery as part of a multidisciplinary team.
On completion of the programme participants will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts of a palliative care approach in relation to working with people with dementia and the interdependence of physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual care needs of a person, their family and carers.
- Understand the importance of values, beliefs and communication in the delivery of person-centred palliative and end of life care for people with dementia.
- Understand the complexities of decision making and the legal and ethical framework necessary to ensure the wishes of the person with dementia are heard.
- Understand the specific needs of people with dementia and promote comfort and dying well.
- Describe the changes that indicate that a person with dementia is nearing the end of their life.
- Appreciate the important role and support needs of family, carers and friends including after the death of the person with dementia.
This programme is for staff working in care homes, care at home and primary care who are working at the Dementia Skilled Level of Promoting Excellence. The programme is also mapped against the skilled level of ‘Enriching and improving experience’ Palliative and End of Life Care: A framework to support the learning and development needs of the health and social services workforce in Scotland (NES/SSSC 2017)
To apply for a place please complete the online application using this link:
CHARGING FOR NON-APPEARANCE AT EVENTS If you have booked a place at this event and do not give us at least 5 working days’ notice that you are unable to attend, we reserve the right to invoice you for the sum of £50.00 to cover the cost of your place plus an administrative charge. If an emergency or other unavoidable situation happened on the day to prevent your attendance, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can take that into account
The closing date for applications is Friday 11th August 2017
If you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org