Rights Made Real – A Summer Update
Over the Summer there has been lots of progress within the Rights Made Real in Care Homes Project.
- Three human rights workshops successfully completed with another two dates set before the end of the year.
- Two projects are coming to the end of their project and had a celebration event to reflect on all they have achieved and how they plan on embedding the learning.
- The sensory garden in Tiree is blossoming and is due to be completed in the next month
- Group Zoom call on the 11th September was a great success where we explored the progress of each project that was represented, different tools such as curiosity cards and the use of language in human rights. Our next group Zoom call is on 6th November
We are also excited and preparing for a two-day learning and sharing event in Perth, where all the projects no matter where they are on their journey are coming together to:
- reflect and celebrate how far they have come
- share their journey with others
- think about how their practice has changed in terms of “I used to but I now….”
- think about 'why YOU are so important in the realization of human rights'
- future form – 'how do we embed this learning and where do we go from here?'
We can’t wait to share the findings from the upcoming learning event with you all in the near future.
On Tuesday and Friday on the next few weeks we will be sharing reflections from the projects across each of the following themes: