Home Care Day – 25 October 2017
Following the success of Care Home Week in June 2017, Scottish Care is delighted to be launching the inaugural Home Care Day on Wednesday 25 October 2017.
Throughout Home Care Day on, we will be celebrating and raising awareness of Scotland’s care at home and housing support services – the individuals who access this support, those who work in the community and the opportunities home care services offer to enhance lives and improve wellbeing for a wide range of people and to support people to live well in their own homes.
We’ll be celebrating different elements of home care life each hour:
- 9am – Good Care
- 10am – Prevention
- 11am – Extraordinary Lives
- 12pm – Vision
- 1pm – Workforce
- 2pm – Commissioning
- 3pm – Palliative and End of Life Care
- 4pm – Politics & Policy
This day is an opportunity to share good news stories and promote the positive things that services and their local communities are doing.
What we would like from you…
- Short blogs/good news stories/examples/resources from:
- Individuals and families who are supported by home care services
- Home care providers and workers
- Organisations and individuals who are engaged in home care development and delivery
- Partner organisations
- If you’re on Twitter, use the hashtag #homecare17
- Spreading the word!
Please feel free to download and share the Home Care Day flyer.
Any individual, organisation or sector body is welcome to join us to celebrate this week - we'd love to hear from you!
Please feel free to give Becca Gatherum a call or email to discuss any aspect of the day, or if you’ve got something you think would be good to share – 01292 27040 / firstname.lastname@example.org